Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] BTS432E2 switching device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithun_K_Das

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone have experience with BTS432E2 switching device?

What happen in most of the cases if it fails? Anything can happen but what happen in most of the case?
Output shorten or open?

I found in a controller with 6 BTS432E2, all of them are having different output voltage like: 1.09V, 2.6V, 0.2V, 3.96V, 1.8V, 2.05V. What may happen here? Input is same as provided voltage, I tried 10V to 30V DC.

TIA

Hi,

I´ve used this device many years ago.

Fail: I assume a short to +Vbb is expectable. If fail is caused by the output.

all of them are having different output voltage like: 1.09V, 2.6V, 0.2V, 3.96V, 1.8V, 2.05V. What may happen here?
Looks like an open circuit. Voltage is undefined then.

Input is same as provided voltage, I tried 10V to 30V DC.
Input voltage must not exceed 6V, not even for a short time.
Maybe you killed the device.

Klaus

Hi,

I´ve used this device many years ago.

Fail: I assume a short to +Vbb is expectable. If fail is caused by the output.

Looks like an open circuit. Voltage is undefined then.

Input voltage must not exceed 6V, not even for a short time.
Maybe you killed the device.

Klaus

But the datasheet says it works from 4.2V to 44V
Also the device works in a 24V DC line.

I checked the input. And I did not exceed the ratings.

Hi,

Please have a look at the datasheet.

You talk about power supply = Vbb = Pin3
But you use the phrase "input", which is = IN = Pin2

Try to use the same phrases as in the datasheet to avoid confusions.

Still I´m not sure what voltage you did connect to the true input pin 2.
--> Don´t connect more than 6V there. Don´t connect the same voltage as Vbb there. This may kill your PROFET.

Klaus

I found in a controller with 6 BTS432E2, all of them are having different output voltage like: 1.09V, 2.6V, 0.2V, 3.96V, 1.8V, 2.05V.
Into which load? BTSxxx smart switches have output leakage current.

20171023_195541.jpg
20171023_195534.jpg

I was working with this controller. Very well engineering here. iFLEX E5/1 , German Technology. I was trying as per the device is connected. The device is supplied 24V DC from the crane Battery.

- - - Updated - - -

Here there are 6 BTS432E2 switches. I measured the output of all of them. It should be DC5V but all are different and as noted before in post#1.

Hi,

If you want assistance, then you need to give useful informations first.

* Vbb voltage
* IN voltage and waveform, if not DC
* load
* your measurement device
* your measurement device connections (and maybe measurement device setup)

Klaus

I did not supplied anything without the provided connection and its voltage. Although the supplied voltage was 24V DC from a battery, but I tried starting from 10V and measured PIN5 of BTS432E2 s. Used Sanwa CD800a DMM. I found the output voltage is not 5V and it is much lower than the expected values (measured values: 1.09V, 2.6V, 0.2V, 3.96V, 1.8V, 2.05V). The problem in in the controller is it is not turning on. So I checked if the power is ok. And found that it is not. I did not try anything else.

**broken link removed**

Hi,

still no useful informations. It´s a waste of time without the requested values from post#7.
Additionally unclear why you expect 5V.

Klaus

There are some test points in the circuit written some voltages like 5.0V, 4.096V, etc. I checked those test points to conform if the right voltage is available there. But not. So shouldn't I expect the output voltage is 5V?

I checked the input, V in is 1.000V but output of those 6 BTS432E2 are different. What can I guess from here? are these damaged or ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone tell me what is the output voltage relation? I mean how the output voltage is set? I checked the ST pin(#4) is 1.076V

Any problems to understand BTS432 datasheet?

1.0V is off state, so again what's the output load? Observed output voltage values might be simply due to leakage current.

I feel the thread leads to nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.