Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FingerPrint Sensor Quick Identification trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankajchavaneda

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working on fingerprint based attendance system. We know that there is a commands to identify finger is available or not. So I have some questions,

1. Can we design in such a way, whenever finger is placed on a sensor it will generate an interrupt?
2. Does it is possible to send command continuously to fingerprint sensor till positive acknowledgement will not be received?
- In this type i think the sensors LED will be blinking continuously, it will be annoying.

Please suggest me a proper way to handle this situation.

Thanks and regards,
Pankaj

Hi,

I assume the fingerprint sensor comes with a datasheet and an operating manual. Did you read them?

Did you look on the manufacturer internet site about an application note?

Klaus

1.Actually yes, I red all technical documents and there is no problem to handling it. I observed, whenever we try to read a finger template, the LED of sensor blink 2 to 3 times. In idle situation (there is no finger on the sensor) we can continuously ask the module about finger, but the LED will blink. It will be annoying.
So I was asking for how we can make it smooth, it will accept finger instantly.

2. I saw some attendance system and observed, its LED not blink. It kept always ON. How do they do that?

Any suggestions please!

Thanks and regards,
Pankaj

Hi,

You talk as if there was only one finger print sensor.
But I assume there are different sensors. With LED, without LED, bare or in a case, better ones, cheaper ones....

But if you are focussed on a special one then it's really time to say which type and manufacturer...and maybe a link to the datasheet.
You should give as much informations at once, and not piece by piece.

Klaus

Hi,

I am working with R305 Fingerprint module, with UART interface. I thought the commands for finger sensor are generic, so I didn't mentioned part number before. I am controlling this sensor using 8052 based controller.

https://www.rhydolabz.com/documents/finger-print-module.pdf

and it look like this,
https://www.rhydolabz.com/images/19/WID1982.jpg

You will get document at above link. I found that whenever fingerprint is recognised using command 0x01, the LED (used to capture fingerprint) of Fingerprint sensor blinks for short time.

In simple way i want 2 things only,
1. can we keep its LED continuously ON by software? or we have to make it by pull up that LED?
2. I want whenever finger is placed on sensor, it should be recognised. for that Do I need to poll sensor continuously using 0x01 command?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.