Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Selector Using PIC12F683 and PIC16F628A

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcmsat13

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Every members of this great forum!
There's a Project I am building which needs to select transformer taps by monitoring a voltage sample. I have worked out the voltage samples. I have used non inverting buffer CD4050 to control the relays but the associated components makes the entire circuit look complex and another thing, it is not accurate.

I regret that I don't know how to write codes for MCUs, that's why I came to this section to seek help from the great minds in MCU kingdom.

I wondered if one pin 4 (GP3) of PIC12F683 can monitor and use the rest of the pins as output.

Well I have schematic diagrams with PIC12F683 and PIC16F628A. if PIC12F683 can do the job, its most preferred.

There's a text on the picture describing characteristics. I will welcome more questions if needed.

I hope with MCU, the circuit will be more accurate and precise.

Thanks for your time. Waiting for your most valued help.
PIC12F683 Voltage Selector.PNG

PIC16F628A Voltage Selector.PNG

Hi,

You want to monitor one analog voltage, therefore you need one analog input AN0 (or AN1 or ANx).
Pic1) Pic 2) Not necessary to connect multiple analog inputs.
Pic2) Pic 1) Don´t use a GPIO, use an ADC input.
(corrected: Pic to descrition)

Use an RC low pass filter at this analog input to avoid noise. The filter should be appropriate to your ADC_sampling_frequency or input_frequency_of_interest.

I see you use a battery as supply. It´s voltage may change a lot.
Therefore you can´t use it as voltage reference for the ADC. Use the PIC internal reference (if it has) or use an external reference.

Klaus

Last edited:

Dear Klaus, thank you for your quick reply. The battery in the circuit is for Simulation purpose.

Another thing is that this circuit is for a reference for what I want. It's not necessary going to be the way I wired it. But the circuit will show the reader what I have in mind.

Like I said... I don't write a code. I need someone who will help me write the code for me. The pin you use does not matter to me as far as it controls the five outputs according to their respective references.

I want someone who can design the circuit for me in Proteus so that I can simulate it.

Thanks.

Hi,

You can modify the circuit by yourself....using my recommendations.

Voltage referece:
You defined your voltages with 10mV accuracy. --> then your reference voltage should be in the same range of accuracy. The power supply usually is out of this range. Therefore I recommend to use a voltage reference.

Klaus

Sir, this Project is like AVR/Stabilizer where a transformer has 5 taps which are tied to four relays. The relays will activate according to the voltage level.

IMG_20171021_165029_893.jpg

These voltage are the samples where the 4 individual relays will activate and be released.

This reference of a thing I don't really understand it. As I said I don't know much in MCUs. I can only burn hex files onto them.

Thanks.

Hi,

I don´t draw the schematic for you.
I`ve given you my recommendations for that.

I don´t know what other informations you need to modify the schematic.

Klaus

Note: I´ve modified the "pic-to-description" in my post#2

Hi mcmsat13;
Do you know that the PIC16F628A does not have AD converter but only two analog comparators?
Please study its datasheet.
However, the PIC12F683 has a 4-channel 10-bit AD converter.
zuisti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back