Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two PCBs in ADS momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

snock

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to simulate two PCB's in ADS momentum. The problem is that each one has a different substrate. it is interesting for me to simulate the pads that I use for joining it too.
Could I simulate both pcbs at the same time with different substrates?

thank you very much.

I am trying to simulate two PCB's in ADS momentum. The problem is that each one has a different substrate. it is interesting for me to simulate the pads that I use for joining it too.

You would need the ADS FEM engine to do this, including the gap. Momentum is planar with infinite substrate size, so you can only have one material at any z-position. However, you can try to approximate the effect from pads (using one Momentum model per PCB stackup) and the bond wire inductance.

You would need the ADS FEM engine to do this, including the gap. Momentum is planar with infinite substrate size, so you can only have one material at any z-position. However, you can try to approximate the effect from pads (using one Momentum model per PCB stackup) and the bond wire inductance.

Thank you!! That sounds exactly like I was looking for. Do you know any tutorial for telling me how to do that?

You mean the bond wire part? Attached is a document where I tested bond wire modelling with another planar MoM solver (Sonnet).

This could be applied to Momentum also, but maybe Keysight have a better (easier) way ... From what I remember, they have some special bond wire feature in Momentum -> ask Keysight support.

View attachment bondwire.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back