Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] FOD2741 as comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

el00

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I would like to detect a voltage threshold with isolation. I have found this chip: fod2741. However, I see many examples for AC applications (switching), but the voltage I want to measure (which is high voltage that I will divide through resistors divider) is a DC voltage.
I could not find any application note, will it work? I do not need to measure the voltage, just to set a threshold. In practice I want something that behaves as a comparator that outputs a trigger when the voltage goes over a certain value, but with insulation.
Thanks

Re: fod2741 as comparator

Hi,

I could not find any application note
I don´t know where or for what you were looking ...

My recommendation:
If you want reliable informations then first go to the manufacturer´s internet pages.

Don´t search the internet for random documents. They often are not reliable.

Here the manufacturer´s product page.
The marked application note seems to be exactely what you need.
AppNote.png

Klaus

[SOLVED] Re: fod2741 as comparator

Hi,
[...]
The marked application note seems to be exactely what you need.

Klaus
Great! This is exactly what I was looking for.
I will do as per figure 8 of AN 4175, even if in my case I will attach R5 to a lower voltage, otherwise it will dissipate too much (I need to detect 15V and 180V, so I will attach R5 to the 15V rail).
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back