Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 port Quadrature Hybrid Coupler convert to 2port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

May I know if it is possible to convert 4 port Quad Hybrid coupler to 2 ports.
I mean can we combine, Port 1 and Port 4 as "input port", Port 2 and Port 3 as "output port"?
If yes, may I know how the output looks like or how the circuit behaves as?

Thanks.

This would be equivalent to a superposition of exciting ports 1 and 4, while simultaneously taking the output to be a superposition of ports 2 and 3.

As can easily be determined analytically, this is simply equivalent to a quarter-wavelength section of transmission line.

What are you hoping to accomplish with this?

This would be equivalent to a superposition of exciting ports 1 and 4, while simultaneously taking the output to be a superposition of ports 2 and 3.

As can easily be determined analytically, this is simply equivalent to a quarter-wavelength section of transmission line.

What are you hoping to accomplish with this?

Thanks for the reply.
The reason is I want to connect two printed folded dipole antenna back-to-back. Instead of using Isolator (which cant be built as microstrip) to protect the antenna, I am using coupler.
But the problem is how to the feed printed folded dipole? As we are using Printed folded dipole, the feed is CPL.
Can I connect Port 1 and Port 4 to feeds of dipole 1 and Port 2 and 3 to feed of Dipole 2 with microstrip to CPL transition?
Another way I though was to combine Port 1 and Port4 and use microstrip to CPL transition and then feed the dipole 1. Similarly for port 2 and 3 for feed of dipole 2.

Please share links which may be helpful.

Thanks.

What do you mean by "back-to-back" in this case?

Can you not just use a 1:4 Wilkinson power divider, and put a 180 phase delay line on two of the branches (in addition to something like quarter-wave matching sections)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back