Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tda 2050 signal input security

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulrahullll

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
------------i made the tda 2050 amplifier played for 30 min-in-low volume----suddenly volume became very

high crackling noise comes out along with song---so switched it off---then checked transformer and tda

2050 ic attached to a big heatsink--slighty warm---then checked power supply everything ok---

then again tried to play song----no sound --but speaker vibrating tremendously as it would burst out

making a booming sound----checked amplifier with another speaker same thing----

------MAIN ISSUE-------------

---i was using mobile phone and pc 3.5 mm jack output (inbuilt realtek soundcard in motherboard) as

signal source----after amplifier went wrong---

i used stereo headphones to check signal output of mobile and pc-----sound was coming out-------

---------BUT ONLY MUSIC AND HIGH FREQUENCY sound coming--VOICES IN THE SONG ARE ALMOST GONE JUST ECHOING

SLIGHTLY------------SO THE AMPLIFIER DAMAGED MY PC AND MOBILE PHONE 3.5 MM SOUND OUTPUT-------

-------------------------MY QUERY IS-----------------

1----------IS THERE ANYTHING LIKE SIGNAL INPUT SECURITY IN TDA 2050 AMPLIFIER WHICH IN FUTURE WOULD KEEP

MY SIGNAL SOURCE DEVICES PROTECTED IN FUTURE ?

2----------MY BEST GUESS IS AMPLIFIER FAILED AND SEND POWER DIRECTLY TO SPEAKER AND SOURCE SIGNAL

DEVICES AS PC AND MOBILE so they are damaged------CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED ?

------------------DETAILS OF TDA 2050 BUILD---------------

i made dual rail tda 2050 circuit---according to this----

https://diyaudioprojects.com/Chip/DIY-TDA2050-Hi-Fi-Chip-Amplifier/

pcb diagram----http://diyaudioprojects.com/Chip/DIY-TDA2050-Hi-Fi-Chip-Amplifier/TDA2050-ChipAmp-PCB-

Component-Layout.pdf

parts list----http://diyaudioprojects.com/Chip/DIY-TDA2050-Hi-Fi-Chip-Amplifier/Updated-List-of-

Components-for-PCB.pdf

---------power supply--transformer dual rail---16-0-16 v ac------

22.5-0-22.5 v dc after bridge rectification 10 a and filter capacitor 2200 uf 50 v--------

power circuit looks similiar to this type-values are different--i have used--bridge rectification 10 a-

filter capacitor 2200 uf 50 v

**broken link removed**

-------------------thank you---------------------

I think you have two different problems:

The booming sounds like you have damaged the power supply rather than the amplifier although the amplifier could also have been damaged. The schematic of the power supply is wrong and WILL cause a problem as shown but if you used 50V capacitors you might be OK. The design problem is using a 25V transformer and 25V capacitors because they charge up to the peak of the AC cycle which is about 1.4 times the AC voltage or 35V. As you used 16V AC the capacitors only need to be rated to more than 25V. I would still check the voltages from the PSU are correct and the positive and negative outputs are the same when measured from 0V.

The strange audio is almost certainly caused by incorrect connection to the 3.5mm jack. Your description suggests you were connected ACROSS the left and right channels instead of from one or the other to ground. What you would hear is only the difference between channels so anything common to both wouldn't be heard. As voice is usually in the center of the soundscape it wouldn't come through properly and all the other sounds would be at reduced level too.

Did you have a suitably large heat sink on the amplifier? It would get very hot in normal operation.

Brian.

very large heatsink used---powersupply checked multimeter---22.5-0-22.5 v dc after rectifier and 2 2200 uf caps--max tda 2050 is +-25 v-acc to you what should be power supply for 16-0-16 v transformer ? -my main query is-----------IS THERE ANYTHING LIKE SIGNAL INPUT SECURITY IN TDA 2050 AMPLIFIER WHICH IN FUTURE WOULD KEEP

MY SIGNAL SOURCE DEVICES PROTECTED IN FUTURE ?

Hello rahulrahullll,

---------power supply--transformer dual rail---16-0-16 v ac------

What is the VA rating of your transformer? i.e. Voltage x Current

What is the impedance of your speakers?

It wouldn't hurt to insert a fuse on each output rail, between the switch
and the zobel network (2.2 ohm in series with the 0.47uF cap).
Depending upon the current draw would depend on the fuse rating, but
should be a fast blow type.
Regards,
Relayer

Hi,

Please confirm:
Did you connect the amplifier to
* the headphone output, or
* the line output of your PC?

Headphone output may be a class D PWM output with relatively high voltage peaks....not suitable for connecting an amplifier.

Klaus

IS THERE ANYTHING LIKE SIGNAL INPUT SECURITY IN TDA 2050 AMPLIFIER WHICH IN FUTURE WOULD KEEP
There is no signal input security in any amplifier I know of. If you overload the input you generally just get high distortion levels but it would take an enormous signal to actually damage the IC input stage.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back