Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence APS CPU Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenD

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

Can I please ask a question concerning simulation CPU cores usage.

When I was using ADS on a Windows PC for simulation, the software will automatically use all the cores and the CPU usage is close to 95%.

However, now I am using CADENCE IC 617 and MMSIM151 on a Linux machine with 10 cores CPU (20 threads). The simulation setup is like this:

ADE L --> Setup --> High-Performance Simulation Options. Then I click APS. choose Error Preset: DO not override; Use ++aps; Multi_Threading Manual #Threads: 20 (0-19)

But when I try to simulate, the CPU usage is about 40%. Though this is way better when I chose Spectre instead of APS to simulate(that's 5% CPU usage, due to only one thread is working.)

Can anyone help me? How can I setup the software to use all the CPU power to speed up the simulation?

Thanks

Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back