Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Configuring JESD parameters in Xilinx JESD204 IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

samg

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am more of a beginner and I am trying to understand how to configure and use the Xilinx JESD204IP. Currently, I am using Vivado v2012.4 and the target is to interface a kintex 7 FPGA with an ADC that supports JESD204B. I am going through the example design and certain things don’t make sense to me.

1. For the module “i_jesd204_v3_1_0”, the output (rxdataout[31:0]) seems to be a shifted version of the input (rxdata[31:0]). It is shifted by 17 cycles to be exact, along with the rx_start_of_frame and rx_end_of_frame signals. Then what is the functionality of the “i_jesd204_v3_1_0” block??

2. Also, the top level test-bench configures only three parameters with the “axi_write” function. But the address used does not concur with the address mentioned for the parameters in the product guide. Eg. For setting the F parameter , the test-bench in example design uses an address of x010 whereas product guide mentions the address as x020. Then how to configure the other JESD parameters??

Am I missing something here??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back