Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference amplifier which can be configured for 0.1 gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

garimella

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was looking at the data sheet of INA146 and INA143. Both are difference amplifier which can be configured for 0.1 gain.
While INA146 clearly mentions that diffrential input can reach +/-100V, INA143 is not explicit. Can I connect higher voltage say AC 20RMS to 1NA143 and get 2 RMS output?

Re: difference amplifier

Hi,

You are correct. The datasheet is not clear with this.

Only the text in Figure6 says that it is possible to input +/-55V on one input...
therefore I assume the difference on two inputs may go up to +/- 110V.

According datasheet +/-55V is specified...whether +/-110V is allowed depends on internal isolaton between those two inputs.
It is not specified..therefore just an assumption.

Klaus

Please review the specification in maximum ratings.

Yes I did see max ratings, but I wanted the recommended one. Is it possbile to connect say +/-100V?

According to the datasheet, yes. With sufficient supply voltage vs.

Re: difference amplifier which can be configured for 0.1 gain

What does common mode range in the datasheet of INA143 indicate ( says -14.5V to +14.5V)? Can we still connect a diffrential voltage of 100V?

What does common mode range in the datasheet of INA143 indicate ( says -14.5V to +14.5V)? Can we still connect a diffrential voltage of 100V?
Why don't you read the datasheet thoroughly? The said specification is listed under G=10 configuration.

I did go through, because I am a novice , hence not able to exactly locate the specs that you have quoted. I found something in Fig.6 that states that +/-55V could be connected to single ended voltage follower configuration without damage. Somehow this does not explicitly state about diffrential input. Please clarify

I agree that the datasheet lacks a clear specification of input common voltage range for G=0.1 configuration, similar to the figure for G=10. It's nevertheless possible to derive the information from the datasheet.

You have the specification under maximum ratings
Input Signal (G = 0.1), Voltage 11 • Vs
It can be read as a rough specification of common mode range. Maximum ratings guarantee that the integrated resistor power and voltage rating can handle the voltage range. If you refer to difference amplifier equations, you see that the respective voltage is actually in linear amplifier range.

Status
Not open for further replies.