Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in placing the waveguide for a CAD model SMA connector in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suji31

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to excite a SMA connector using waveguide port in CST for an imported CAD model SMA connector?I have designed an 10Ghz Rectangular Patch Antenna. For that I have used an SMA connector which is imported as an STEP/IGES file. Now the problem is I couldn't achieve the S-Parameter due to the improper excitation of waveguide port. So kindly let know where the waveguide port should be placed in order to achieve the S-Parameter.

Select the face of the outer conductor ( or inner conductor) of it and I placed the WG port using this pick. The signal in a coaxial line is defined by the E field in between the two conductors, that means that the voltage inside the inner conductor is 0 (pec) and the voltage inside the outer conductor is also 0.However there is a difference in voltage BETWEEN those conductors. Therefore, to create a wave in this line you have to create a different voltage between the outer an the inner conductor, so the wg port should cover at least a portion of both conductors

Reactions: Suji31

Suji31

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back