Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Co-amplifier with L297 to drive mosfets

Status
Not open for further replies.

asad111

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In attached image, 7408 is use to drive mosfets.

How to use Co-amplifier (single-741, Dual-LM833, Quad-LM3900) in place of 7408?

Thanks

Attachments

• L297 7408.png
    L297 7408.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 109

The output drivers are darlington transistors, not MOSFETs.

The circuit requires an AND logic function, OP amps aren't an option in this case and generally don't seem to serve a useful purpose in driving transistors. What do you want to achieve?

The output drivers are darlington transistors, not MOSFETs.

The circuit requires an AND logic function, OP amps aren't an option in this case and generally don't seem to serve a useful purpose in driving transistors. What do you want to achieve?

Dear Sir,

Yes, there are darlington transistors, but I want to use Mosfets. 7804 in this circuit is AND gate IC, but it can only provide 5.25V to Mosfet-gates that my be not enough to make them on fully. That is why I am asking about OP amps or any other option.

I want to use it for same purpose as shown in circuit e.g. unipolar stepper.

HI,

I am using L297 schematic as shown in first post. I tried transistor C828A (instead of 7408) to drive 4 mosfets (IRFZ44) as shown in following image described in this article:

fet2_thumb.gif

BUT, after connecting unipolar stepper and turning on power supply (ATX), both SENSE resistors turns very much HOT and motor does not move.

Last edited:

Hi,

no wonder. The bjt invertes the signal...

Don´t wast more time with playing around. Use a standard circuit.

Klaus

BUT, after connecting unipolar stepper and turning on power supply (ATX), both SENSE resistors turns very much HOT and motor does not move.

I SOLVED it by connecting SENSOR resistor ground to power supply negative terminal with a thick wire. Previously, Sensor resistor ground was connected to circuit with a thin wire.

But, now L297 output (ABCD) keeps high and keeps all 4 mosfets on, so motor does not move.

If I disconnect motor then all L297 outputs work find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back