Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosfet Current Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAMALEAO

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys
I was thinking, about the current mirror, and I got myself stuck with the following thought: só se normally see theory talking about mirroring the current in the diode.

What if we changed the number of diodes? What would happen and what the equation would be?

In a current mirror you have a MOSFET connected as a diode (gate to drrain connection) and a normal MOSFET.

Hi,

When I search the internet for "mosfet current mirror" pictures...then I see schematics without diodes.

But yes, gate to drain of one mosfet is connected. Impossible to use a standard diode instead.
You need exactely identical mosfets.

Klaus

What is a diode connected MOSFET? It is a MOSFET with the gate connected to the drain.

Initial questionar: What happens if I connect two of then at the input and one MOSFET at the output?

Every analog IC design text book discusses current mirrors with 1:N or N:1 current ratio.

Hi, can you mention onde please? I have tried 2 and didn't see.

Search " wikianalog.com chapter 11". Is the schematic in section 11.4.1 what you trying to describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.