Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] PIC 18f26k40 bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

salejo

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use Unified Bootloader Application for programming pic 18f26k40.
Bootloader code is generated with Microchip Code Generator.Code is
generated with many bugs but after resolving it's working.
When i try to program my origin application which have 30k size i receive this message in console:

Device: COM3 Bootloading started
Reading Version ...
Bootloader Version Read Successful
Erasing Device ...
Erase Successful
Programming Flash ...

After this message Status going to "Disconnected after Programming Failed".
When I tried with smaller test aplication code, which have 1k size, i don't have this problem.
Can anyone explain where is the problem.

Re: pic 18f26k40 bootloader

Most likely your program along with the bootloader are consuming more resources than the device has to offer.

Lack of resources could take the form of Flash, SRAM or EEPROM.

Another possibility, during the loading process, your program is in contention with resources. i.e., sections of write protected flash, temporary resources in SRAM, already utilized by the bootloader.

It is difficult to ascertain the exact cause without more information concerning the bootloader and your program.

BigDog

Re: pic 18f26k40 bootloader

After changing program memory size i successfully write application hex without problems with their
size,but application doesn't work.Application offset is set at 0x800 address.This is my bootloader code View attachment 18f26k40 bootloader.zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back