Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power handling capacity of RM14 3C96 core

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnan012

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I want to about the power handling capacity of RM14-3C96 core in Full bridge configuration. Switching frequency is 100-200 KHz. Can i use it in a 1000 watt ZVS phase shifted full bridge supply?

Input voltage 390VDC
out put 28V @ 30AMP = 840Watts

Regards

Epcos/TDK Magnetic Design Tool tells about 1.1 kW for push-pull converter and similar core at 100 kHz, 1.6 kW at 200 kHz with 30K total over temperature (15K Cu, 15K core losses). It's of course a matter of winding design.

Thanks for reply.

Can i expect more power in case of full-bridge converter? There is a tool available Ferroxcube SFDT. One parameter is Copper filling factor. What does it mean. Do i need core with air gap?

RM14-3C96 can handle maximum 200W at 100KHz switching frequency

Can i expect more power in case of full-bridge converter?
Forward and full bridge topology can expect two times power than flyback topology with same core and same frequency.

Copper filling factor
is the fill factor, or the wire lay, for the usable window area. or window utilisation factor normally consider .85 to .9 (.85 for small wire and .9 for thick wire)

Normally Fulbridge not required air gap but very small air gap will avoid saturation when high current

Thanks for reply.

Ferroxcube SFDT shows that RM14-3C96 can go for more power at increased temperature.

- - - Updated - - -

I need verification of the design.

Attachments

• RM14_3C96.jpg
    RM14_3C96.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 68

Status
Not open for further replies.