Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Subthreshold biasing circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manoni_Lo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have to design a biasing circuit for a Trasconductance amplifier operating in weak inversion region with a 1.25 V supply. I am using Cadence.

I've seen that the Threshold voltage depends slowly (tens of mV) by the dimensions of the transistors.

This causes large variations of the currents even if the aspect ratio is the same.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks for your reply.

Lorenzo Manoni.

You can't get rid of that issue with subthreshold mosfets because VT has an exponential dependence. If you're looking for constant current, look into using BJTs since the built in potential doesn't significantly change over process. But a constant gm bias is typically better for amplifiers, and has a lot less variation--that's the way I would go about it.

what's the bias current range?

What's the bias current value and what dispersion are you obtaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.