Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Detect software bugs at high motor speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsman

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanted to know if i am switching my pwm legs based on Hall sensor inputs and the motor starts to spin. At some high speeds let us say some improper switching is happening because of software bug. What methods i can apply to find software bugs at high speeds?

You'll have to narrow down the type of "bugs" you're after, what sort of motor you're driving (I'm assuming BLDC), and what tools you have access to...

Yes it is BLDC motor. I am finding some improper switching it can be because of hardware or software. I have to make sure it is not because of software. I have acces to pickit3 debugger, general purpose input output pins, CAN communication.

I am sorry wrong statement from me. I want to test completely including hardware.

are you sure its not just due to the motor's load suddenly changing?.....this will undoubtedly result in a few poor switching transistions as the software trys to keep up...in fact, its expected to have some poor switching in such situations, and not ususally a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.