Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic very long range transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino1400

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm struggling with finding the right circuit for very long range ultrasonic transmitter. If anyone have any approach I previously used 555 timer and transformer to get a 100V pules still not getting the desired distance of 20m.

Thank you in advance
Dino

Ultrasound, like audible sound, behaves like a wave, so the farther away the object, the less energy will be reflected. A very efficient approach in such cases is to couple a parabolic dish around the capsule so as to concentrate the energy in the emission giving a better directivity in the target to be measured, as well as to capture a greater amount of sound energy in the receiving side.

I agree with you on guiding the signal using a parabolic dish, however, in my application I like to have a 360 cover so the receiver on any direction will capture the pulses. I could use multiple transmitters, but still I may not get the range of 20m. Any circuit proposal or approach?

Doesn't sound like being primarily a circuit problem. Instead you'll determine required sound pressure and respective driver voltage for the available transducer. Transducer ratings will be more serious constraint than circuit design, presumed you are not exclusively tied to 555.

Achieving isotropic (360 degree) characteristic at ultrasonic frequency is nearly impossible without some kind of diffuser.

I like to share this circuit that is very common to drive a transmitter with high voltage, presumably I suppose to get a long range using this but I'm only getting about 1m.
I'm not looking at 360 degrees at this moment I should fine with 60-90 degrees.

Ultrasonic Transmitter.png

Status
Not open for further replies.