Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar & Grid Current and Voltage monitoring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakthivelr

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

I want to monitor the Solar panel 150VDC/4KW and Current. And Grid 230 VAC/3KW voltage and current. I use microcontroller to display these parameters.

The solar voltage is fed to inverter to charge the battery also i have to monitor the AC voltage & current which is given to the grid.

How to monitor the DC Voltage & Current? and also How to monitor the AC voltage and current?. please kindly suggest the methods to monitor.

Thanks & Regards,
Sakthivel.R

Attachments

• solar1.JPG
    solar1.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 147

Are you asking what kind of sensors to interface to your micro? A simple voltage divider and a current sensor would do it for the DC power. For AC, you might want to use a transformer for sensing the voltage.

Hi,
Yes, sensors to interface with micro.

Application : Our project is data logger. Which will monitor and display DC( voltage & current) and AC(volt & Current)

1. Please suggest any Transformer to sense the 230VAC. or can i use same voltage divider method for sensing AC voltage also?

2. How sense the AC current?

Thanks
Sakthivel.R

1) you can use a voltage divider for the ac. But either way, your micro is going to have to determine the peak. You would probably be safer to use a dedicated voltage sensor.
2) use a current sensor. There are thousands of types.

This whole question is making me a little concerned. You seem totally unaware of fundamental high voltage components, yet you are trying to design something using voltages that can kill you. Maybe you should rethink this.

Hi,

I found the AC / DC transducer for the current measurement.

Please kindly give an example 230AC& 150DC voltage sensor.?
I tried lot.

Thanks
Sakthivel.R

Re: Solar & Grid Current and Voltage monitoring...

1) go to google or the search engine of your choice.
2) type "ac voltage sensor ".
3) hit Enter.
4) read the hundred of results you'll get.

230 VAC sensing method using controller.

Hi Friends,

I have to sense the 230VAC line voltage using micro controller and i have to display it.

Please suggest what are all the methods are there to sense the AC voltage.
Opt me easy and accurate sensing method.

Thanks & Regards,
Sakthivel.R

Hi,

We don´t see what exactely is the problem.

Solutions are already given.

Many discussions about the same topic are here in the forum.
Many circuits, descriptions, tutorials you may find in the internet.

Klaus

One of the best way is to use an auxiliary winding at the step-up transformer and further rectify and regulate the auxiliary voltage to dc and fed the voltage directly to the microcontroller or using an voltage divider as per your design.
Later find the RMS value of the AC line simply by dividing the voltage value by 1.414 (Please note that this is applicable only if you use a Pure sine wave inverter, I am quite a bit sure you are using pure sine wave inverter since it is a solar inverter)

I suggested this method to be the best since it have isolation over the high voltage winding

Status
Not open for further replies.