Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Low frequency signal multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanislavb

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am looking for cheap solution multiplication two low frequency (up to 10 Mhz) low voltage (up to 3V) signals.
Could you recommend me something
Thank you

Hi,

Frequency multiplier: --> PLL
Analog signal multiplier: --> something like good old AD534?

Klaus

AD534 is good enough but price is tens dollar is too expensive...May be exist any cheap solution?

According to catalog distributor part search, AD633 is the cheapest available type.

Perhaps the old LM1596 could be adapted to your needs.
Page 5 shows it being used as a frequency doubler and I would think you could separate the two inputs to multiply two different frequencies.

AD534 is good enough but price is tens dollar is too expensive...May be exist any cheap solution?
Good analog multipliers inherently require fancy technology to manufacture. Maybe if you explain your application we can help find an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.