Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

crt 14 inches new panel power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicbrainz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please my crt tv pcb power side get damaged the power transistors d5038, d3807 get burned which i replaced with d1710 and c2655..some resistors nd zener diode near the power transistor and the 450v 220uf capacitor got burned which i also replaced...the problem now is, the pcb is not working and the 450v 220uf capacitor is storing alot of power without discharging it..what is the way out please?

Hello magicbrainz,
Unfortunately just giving us circuit designations would make it virtually impossible to help you
diagnose your problem with your CRT TV.
Can you please provide us with a make and model number of the unit? We may then be able
to track down a service manual for it, or even just a schematic diagram.
If you want to discharge the main filter capacitor without sparks or electrocuting yourself. then
make up a cable with either probes or crocodile clips on each end. Cut it in half, then insert a 120
ohm 5 Watt resistor in between and that will discharge any high voltage capacitors safely.
But DON'T accidentally try to discharge anything while the power is on.
Regards,
Relayer

Status
Not open for further replies.