Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it correct to replace IGBT in UPS with a different make

Status
Not open for further replies.

payisha

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is it correct , replacing IGBT in ups with a defferent make

I have a faulty 3kva online ups 230v 50hz single phase in /out , 72v DC bus.
The input rectifier section is ok, delivering 82V DC measured at inverter DC bus.Out put is 0 volt.

The IGBT used in inverter bridge is 2 nos toshiba MG100J2Y550 twin IGBT modules.
Replaced this 2 dual modules with Semikron SKM100GB063D and found the out put voltage 53v, AC, measured with a True RMS fluke meter.

Is it because the change in igbt that is giving such low out put voltage?

Toshiba has data sheet value Vge Min 5, typical 7 and max 8v
Semikron has data sheet value Qg Vge 0v- +15V

Re: is it correct , replacing IGBT in ups with a defferent make

igbt Toshiba mg100j2ys50_Page_2.jpgigbt Toshiba mg100j2ys50_Page_1.jpgigbt skm100gb063d_Page_2.jpgigbt skm100gb063d_Page_1.jpg

datasheet pages in jpg attatched.

5,7 and 8 are the Vge cut off value not Vge.The Vge is ±20V. You can surely use the Semikron IGBT.
Make sure that your gate pulses are proper your driver section might have some failures when the previous IGBT failed .

5,7 and 8 are the Vge cut off value not Vge.The Vge is ±20V. You can surely use the Semikron IGBT.
Make sure that your gate pulses are proper your driver section might have some failures when the previous IGBT failed .

I have used the semikron IGBT, and still the out put of the inverter is zero.
The DC input to the bridge is 80v, and the inverter control card is a good one , which was tested on another similar unit and found healthy.

To verify the output of IGBT bridge inverter , can I remove the connection to transformer leads, to which the IGBT bridge output is connected, connect a 230v ac 100w bulb to the IGBT output, and power on the system?

Instead of removing the txr. drain you may remove the Bridge +ve I/P supply otherwise cross conduction can happen if driver is faulty. Txr can be as it is. Once if you verify the driver o/p signal then you can continue with connecting bulb as you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.