Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[modelsim] tcl script simulation HOWTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmeloA

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to everybody,
I’m a little bit confused about how to simulate an entity on modelsim in tcl.
I tried to find some guide by googling but i found lots of command that are hard to be understood.
My problem is that i would like to simulate a vhdl file, whith an entity called ‘addertb’ with a script in order to open modelsim, write ‘do simulate.tcl’ and it’s done; my difficulties are mainly on loading the entity because i already managed to add the waves etc.
I’s mandatory to create a project? Or can i add the entity to be simulated just with the file?

Thank you in advance

vcom to compile VHDL files, vlog to compile Verilog files. vsim to run a simulation

something as simple as:
Code:
vcom -work work adder.vhd  # assuming this is the UUT file name
vcom -work work addertb.vhd
vsim addertb

If you want all the options of the commands either type them on the command line with -help or use the documentation that is installed with the tool. The documentation is installed for just this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back