Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smps power supply (28v,1.5a output)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waris3666

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,

I am looking to construct a smps based power supply circuit of 28v,1.5a output with following specification.
1.power factor of .95
2.hiccup current protection
3.constant voltage output(feedback system preferable)
4. 10ms hold on time when there is no power at the input....

Is there any smart people outside there to design the system with these following specification.The circuit must not be complex.As it is my project.It is important for me to present without any complexity.Hoping for the the possitive feedback

Regards
Waris kn

Hi,

no information about input...
No information about isolation..

I assume for this 42W power supply a flyback topology may be suitable.

There are hundreds of reference designs.
There are flyback controller ICs...from different manufacturers.
Looking at the manufacturer´s internet sites for selection guides, datasheets and application notes is the next step that comes after a proper/complete design specification.

Klaus

Hello Klaus
Thanks for the reply...I am sorry for didnt mention about the input. The input is 230v ac,preffering the circuit with flyback converter....I am looking for a constant 28v,1.5a at the output using flyback topology with feedback system....i have designed a circuit with astable multivibrator for the switching purpose with in13005 power MOSFET to drive the current.were bridge rectifierand filter at the input.at the output side ,using center taping the transformer and fullwave rectification and pass it to a lm317 regulator as it deliver 1.5a at output.But this didnt deliver the hiccup current protection, feedback and also pf improvement,so I am looking forward for flyback topology,i haven't get any idea about how much frequency we have to provide in the input transformer section in order to get a desired about, I have visted different circuits using smps topology...were they are using with high frequency above 20khz..but all have different values....can you show me the simplest circuit with all these specification...

https://goo.gl/images/Dv4vNi

Hello
I have included a link which shows an smps power supply with 12v 5a output using flyback topology. But I need an alteration from this circuit 28v 1.5a circuit.Also please tell me the working of the feedback and a oscillations of power mosfet(as this analogy I is used in this a circuit).please reply me ASAP, this project is important to me.

Power level 60W (12x5) and 42W(28x1.5) are almost equal so increase transformer secondary turns by 2.3 times
Feed back also you should change instead of 12V zener use 28V zener. Remain components will be same

Hello smijesh
Thanks for the reply bro. Can you explain how the oscillator works and how much frequency it is produced in this arangement,how is frequency effects the transformer and feedback system(how optocoupler effects pwm in oscillator circuit)..so how much frequency we have to provide at the input of the transformer inorder to attain the desired output...it will be very helpful for me...please kindly reply for this information.

Regards
Waris kn

Status
Not open for further replies.