Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DALI transceiver not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshaybhavsar

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am getting severe problem in testing DALI transceiver which we have designed as per AN1465 application note from microchip you can find it on below URL.I am using PIC18F4550 controller for generating DALI commands and interfaced DALI trasceiver with it.

https://www.microchip.com/wwwAppNotes/AppNotes.aspx?appnote=en559653

I am sending command to DALI transceiver but same command is reflected back on Rx pin.As usual,DALI Transmitter and receiver are supposed to be isolated from each other.

Please help me out.

Regards,

Akshay.

What is your problem? All tx data will be relfected the same way to rx. This is how this interface works. You should ignore/verify data that you sending.

Hi,

I assume the design of the application note does work.

So: What´s the difference between the Application note and your design?
Clock source, clock frequency, power supply, PCB layout, reset source, I/O configuration, code...?

Klaus

Added:
"severe problems" is not descriptive and therefore useless.
Imagine: I have severe problems to visit my grandmother. Because my grandmother is dead, or does she live far away, or mabe I don´t have the money, or I´m in prison....

--> give a more detailed description of what you expect and what you see instead.

What is your problem? All tx data will be relfected the same way to rx. This is how this interface works. You should ignore/verify data that you sending.

Why is it that much complicated.If status of any one of the line changes then others also changes.

- - - Updated - - -

None of the application note mentions that Rx line changes if Tx lines changes.

Hi,

Why is it that much complicated
What is complicated with ignoring Rx line?
ignore = do nothing.

Klaus

If possible could me please give me reference material where these things are mentioned.

Hi,

Imagine: I have severe problems to visit my grandmother. Because my grandmother is dead, or does she live far away, or mabe I don´t have the money, or I´m in prison....

:-D :-D :-D
"The ability to accurately describe a problem gets you halfway to the solution"

I don't remember who wrote this quote, but it is very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.