Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for oem wifi bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

el00

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am doing experiments with wifi antennas in noisy environment.
I need to place 2 antennas close each other, but each about 20cm far from the module.
The final goal is to build a lan extender which will cross a special barrier, I will not enter into details.
BTW, the difficult part is to find wifi bridge which are OEM, so that I can solder a coax with a custom built antenna.
The only one that I found is "WLn-LINK-OEM" (easy to find on the web), but I cannot find alternatives.
I browsed digikey, farnell, rs-components but I did not find any alternative that I can easily buy from distributors.
Any suggestion?

Re: looking for oem wifi bridge

Shortly, you wanna increase the radiated power from WiFi module, right ??

Shortly, you wanna increase the radiated power from WiFi module, right ??

No.
In short: I want to extend a lan cable, crossing a wall (actually it is a barrier made by nylon). For this reason I need to to the double conversion

== BOX1 ==== | ==BOX2=====
RJ45_LAN->WIFI | WIFI->RJ45_LAN
===========|===========

There is no space for the modules close to the wall so that I need to extend the antenna cable by 20cm.

Similar, but with LAN instead of UART
It's a LAN-to-WiFi bridge module.There are two modules cascaded, WiFi and motherboard with UART to LAN interface circuit ( look at back side ) and I think this module is a complete solution for your purpose.

It's a LAN-to-WiFi bridge module.There are two modules cascaded, WiFi and motherboard with UART to LAN interface circuit ( look at back side ) and I think this module is a complete solution for your purpose.

Thanks! Actually it requires WIFI501 additional module, but it is what I need.

I see many WiWi access points available on the market equipped with a reverse SMA antenna jack and supporting different configurations, including LAN bridging. Aren't these suited for your application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back