Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Optmization simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

acheriti

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
I'm trying to use the Optimization function of HFSS and I'm having some issues understanding how it works. The function itself is quite easy to use, I fixed my calculation (which in my case is the impedance of a microstrip TL) to 50 ohms and I'm trying to optimize the width of the transmission line so that I can have a precise 50 ohms. So I fixed the goal to 50 ohms. I fixed the limitation of my variable and ran the simulation. Here is what I don't understand:

1. I fixed a min & max value to the width of my antenna and the widths for which HFSS calculated contain values that are outside these boundaries. Why?...

2. How am I supposed to interpret the results HFSS gives me? What does the value of the cost mean? What are the values of the x axis ('' Evaluation axis'') in the cost plot ( see attachment capture2) ?

3. The value of the width for which HFSS calculated the cost are not mathematically linked. It looks more like he used some random values, whether than trying to calculate with a certain step size. Is that normal?

4. In the data table, I see that there are some values that are similar but do not have the same cost result. Again how come can this happen? ( see attachment capture1)

Thank you very much guys Capture2.PNGCapture1.PNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back