Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reflow Oven Problem with SN63PB37

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravkothari23

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all...
i have designed a reflow oven to solder my SMD components. and also i am maintaining the temperature (tolerance of 6 to 7 degree Celsius) and time duration (tolerance of 4 to 5 seconds) as per the datasheet (image attached).

Room temperature (approx 25 to 30 degree) to 150 degree = approx 90 to 100 seconds.
150 degree to 180 degree = approx 90 to 100 seconds.
180 degree to 225 degree = approx 45 to 60 seconds.

my problem is some times on some of my solder point i dont get a proper finish or shine. i mean to say that sometimes the solder paste at some point it gets harder and does not get melt. when i try to scratch the same using a blade or any pointed thing, it comes out like a very thin powder. and also looks very ugly.
what is the problem with it.. is my preheating time too long.

Attachments

• Temp Chart.jpg
    Temp Chart.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Hi all...
i have designed a reflow oven to solder my SMD components. and also i am maintaining the temperature (tolerance of 6 to 7 degree Celsius) and time duration (tolerance of 4 to 5 seconds) as per the datasheet (image attached).

Room temperature (approx 25 to 30 degree) to 150 degree = approx 90 to 100 seconds.
150 degree to 180 degree = approx 90 to 100 seconds.
180 degree to 225 degree = approx 45 to 60 seconds.

my problem is some times on some of my solder point i dont get a proper finish or shine. i mean to say that sometimes the solder paste at some point it gets harder and does not get melt. when i try to scratch the same using a blade or any pointed thing, it comes out like a very thin powder. and also looks very ugly.
what is the problem with it.. is my preheating time too long.

Use temp sensors and take multiple trials.

Then compare the results among the good and bad soldering. The bad guy will be spotted. Sometimes, it seems problem with Peak temp zone, but hopefully it would be improper preheat resulting unsuccessful wetting.

Hi,

And maybe it is an old or a bad quality solder paste.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.