Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What words do I need to send to make a midi controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

roob

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to take some piezo cells, connect them to a micro-controller and then let the micro-controller tell my Korg Volca sample, which takes a 5 pin din midi input, what samples to play. What "words" should I send to do this and at what voltage do I send them. I just want to tell it which channel to play, no velocity or other information. I'm guessing that I must send a signal to say "open" then "channel number" then "play" then "close". Is that right?

Thanks

I think you need to look at the MIDI spec, and the spec for your instrument. MIDI messages have a note, AND velocity parameter, whether you want to send velocity or not. MIDI uses an opto-coupler arrangement for transmitting data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back