Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some help with deciding appropriate hardware for CST microwave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboss123

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I just registered to the forums because I found that you are one of the most active forums for programs like CST/HFSS etc.
I am thinking of building a system with Threadripper 1950X (CPU) & a Quadro P6000 & 64GB DDR4 memory. The meshes I'm going to use do not usually exceed 10M cells. So I'd like to ask the following questions:

1) Anyone knows if the CPU I mentioned above is working good with CST? It's a 16core 32 thread CPU, 40MB cache @3.4GHz.
2) Is a quadro P6000 worth it for the meshes I use for acceleration? Also CST recommended GPUs say that P6000 has poor double float point performance. Is this going to be a thing?

I chose P6000 because is active cooled and within budget. Tesla CPUs that are supported by CST are either old kepler gpus or too expensive and passive cooled and intended for server racks.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back