Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAX II cpld volatile programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

hareeshP

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

can i do the volatile programming in max ii cpld?

Hi,

can i do the volatile programming in max ii cpld?

Huh!!?? Do you think that the non-volatile MAX II CPLD has a SRAM based "volatile" programming mode?

If you think a flash based (i.e. non-volatile) part has a volatile programming mode, maybe you need to do more research, like reading the MAX II documentation.

There's no volatile programming option for MAX II and MAX V. Newer MAX 10 however has it.

There's no volatile programming option for MAX II and MAX V. Newer MAX 10 however has it.

thanks for your reply. I have one more doubt, i have read about cfm( configuration flash memory) it is used for isp( in system programming). Does it mean cfm can only be programmed while the board is currently running?

Everything described in the MAX II Device Handbook which you should read. See Chapter 11. In-System Programmability Guidelines for MAX II Devices.

VCCIO of all I/O banks and VCCINT of the device must be fully powered up for ISP to function.

Status
Not open for further replies.