Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone recognize this SMD chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lteschler

Administrator
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to ID this chip that is on an electronic toy but the SMD codes aren't coming up in any of the references I am aware of. Anybody have any ideas? R2D2mysterychip.jpg

What circuit is it connected to? Is it an oscillator, a power supply, a protocol interface/level shifter? This will give us a clue of what it is for. Search different combinations of the lines, sometimes the IC code ocuppy two lines.

As it's a toy, it might be manufactured in china, and sometimes specific ICs used in this devices cannot be found so easily. Something I usually do is replacing the starting letters of the code, for example, an IC I used was TP4056, and when I search for it I find a LT4056 (from Linear Technologies) that does the same function... manufacturers will change these leters and probably more if they are chinese.

Hope being useful

Hi,

I failed to find anything trying different combinations on looking, but from where searching led me it may (and probably doesn't) come from a toy robot version of the pepper pot shaped droid, not the camp gold humanoid one, from a well-known science fiction saga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back