Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Attenuation constant plot in HFSS vs theory at High Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashish.mw

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am trying to simulate an Aluminum Waveguide (40 mm x 20 mm) dimension for dominant TE10 mode starting from near cutoff (3.74 GHz) till a very high frequency (near Infrared region i.e. till 3THz). I wish to observe the attenuation experienced by the said mode with frequency so I plotted re(Gamma) which gives me Attenuation constant in Np/m with respect to frequency. Next, I wish to correlate the result with theoretical formulas given by Pozar and Collins in their respective books.

The correlation gives me good results in the relatively low frequency region but somewhere at a frequency > 1 THz till 3 THz the error becomes large with a positive slope. Can anyone please specify where I may possibly be going wrong?
As I perceive, there might be issues with my simulation only. So attached are files which contains HFSS file with matlab plot comparing the attenuation values for 0-200 MHz where match is good and 2.5-3THz where match is bad when using HFSS and classical skin effect model.
I am not using Lambda refinement to reduce simulation time in HFSS. Please help.

Attachments

• WR284_THz_highfresolution_Al.zip
    103.4 KB · Views: 102

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back