Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amazon Echo controlled IR transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric.hntr

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I would like to build a microcontroller set up to recieve an input from amazon echo and output in the form of a set of an infrared signals. So that I can control the various infrared controlled devices in my house. I am an amateur so I would appreciate any and all advice on how to go about this, thanks.

Do you know specs of the IR protocol used by amazon echo? Carrier frequency, wavelength, packet format?

Do you know specs of the IR protocol used by amazon echo? Carrier frequency, wavelength, packet format?
I wasn't thinking about doing it that way, I have seen people connect to wifi enabled arduinos and other small microcontrollers via it's wifi based smart device function. My idea was to use an arduino to first measure the various codes my remotes send around the house (i have an ir controlled hdmi switch, ir controlled colour changing lights (not philips hue because they are extortionate to buy), my tv, my projector, my speakers). After doing so I wanted to create a couple small programs using the alexa development platform and the microcontroller, to firstly register the commands with the alexa service cloud (so when I ask alexa to do the task she understands and executes it) and secondly a program on the microcontroller to recieve these commands from the alexa service and output what ever IR code is necessary for that function. The bits I will struggle with are the code on the microcontroller to transmit the signal and designing or finding the hardware required to produce such a signal as I want to extend it to output IR throught the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back