Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic12f1571 and mplabx coding problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

biswajitdas49

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I have a problem with pic12f1571 in mplabx v4.01. I write this code which gives build error that is-

"CLEAN SUCCESSFUL (total time: 542ms)
make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory 'E:/BOOKS/Electronics/PROTIUS SIMULATION/PIC12F1571 PWM BASED RGB CONTROL/code/pwmrgb.X'
make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk dist/default/production/pwmrgb.X.production.hex
make[2]: Entering directory 'E:/BOOKS/Electronics/PROTIUS SIMULATION/PIC12F1571 PWM BASED RGB CONTROL/code/pwmrgb.X'
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\v4.01\mpasmx\mpasmx.exe" -q -p12f1571 -l"build/default/production/pwmrgb.lst" -e"build/default/production/pwmrgb.err" -o"build/default/production/pwmrgb.o" "pwmrgb.asm"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\v4.01\mpasmx\mplink.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\v4.01\mpasmx\LKR\12f1571_g.lkr" -p12f1571 -w -m"dist/default/production/pwmrgb.X.production.map" -z__MPLAB_BUILD=1 -odist/default/production/pwmrgb.X.production.cof build/default/production/pwmrgb.o
MPLINK 5.08, LINKER
Device Database Version 1.38
Copyright (c) 1998-2011 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - section '.org_0' can not fit the absolute section. Section '.org_0' start=0x0000f000, length=0x00000008
Errors : 1

nbproject/Makefile-default.mk:124: recipe for target 'dist/default/production/pwmrgb.X.production.hex' failed
make[2]: Leaving directory 'E:/BOOKS/Electronics/PROTIUS SIMULATION/PIC12F1571 PWM BASED RGB CONTROL/code/pwmrgb.X'
nbproject/Makefile-default.mk:90: recipe for target '.build-conf' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory 'E:/BOOKS/Electronics/PROTIUS SIMULATION/PIC12F1571 PWM BASED RGB CONTROL/code/pwmrgb.X'
nbproject/Makefile-impl.mk:39: recipe for target '.build-impl' failed
make[2]: *** [dist/default/production/pwmrgb.X.production.hex] Error 1
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2

BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 2s)"

I did not find any template file of this IC,so I copied from another template from 'PIC12F1822' and change all the portion of PIC12F1822 to PIC12F1571. I just want to see that it would run or not, but it showed me the error.please somebody help, it's really important for me to build and run this to see that the template really works for my further programming. thanks for reading my problem!!!

That device has 1K words of FLASH memory. As it is the linker that is saying that it cannot find space for a section, could it be that you are trying put too much code into the MCU (something the assembler would not necessarily know) and/or trying write data into a non-existent area of memory (Figure 3-1 of the data sheet shows the memory going to 0x03ff; the section it cannot fit wants to start at 0xf000)
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.