Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna violation problem in vlsi layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarvsiri

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If there will be a case when the antenna violation is coming on millions of wires in layout, then what we will do ?

As, Initally we prefer for higher metal jumper but the case is also that we don't have any left higher metal jumper and also using a reverse bias diode for millions of wires cannot be a better idea .

Antenna checks should be done at the top level of a design once the layout is LVS clean. If you are then getting millions of errors the I suspect there is something wrong with the rule deck. BTW, it is my experience that antenna issues decrease as technology nodes shrink.

I have never seen such a high number of antenna violations in any design I ever worked on.

Maybe there is some "knob" in the P&R tool which can
set a maximum run-length in one layer without "popping
up" to a higher layer (lower layers can't help antenna
but a jumper above, does).

Antenna sensitivity ought to reduce as you get to
nodes where gate tunneling current is an everyday
thing. Gate current is what's trying to be prevented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back