Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simultaion of the VCO phase noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanen88

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi;

When i used both of Harmonic Balance and Phase noise controler, i display these curve as bellow:

However, the matter that i should determine the phase noise at 1MHZ or these simulation results prove that the curve finish in 100MHZ . I ask what can i do to obtain the lower value in 1 MHZ nad if some adjustement of the phase noise set up should done to obtain good results. I'm so gratefull to answer me.
Sincerly; noise.jpg

Last edited:

Hi;

When i used both of Harmonic Balance and Phase noise controler, i display these curve as bellow:

However, the matter that i should determine the phase noise at 1MHZ or these simulation results prove that the curve finish in 100MHZ . I ask what can i do to obtain the lower value in 1 MHZ nad if some adjustement of the phase noise set up should done to obtain good results. I'm so gratefull to answer me.
Sincerly;View attachment 141441

Increase the Noise Points in HB Noise Controller or HB Noise Tab. For instance, increase as " 5 Points per Decade" in Noise Controller.

Thank you i do it and i adjust the first NL noise start to 1HZ and the NL noise stop to 1MHZ. Finally, i obtained the desired curve .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back