Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Differential Amplifier simulation using Synopsys Hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehsanaiman

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I want to ask some questions on this differential amplifier circuit that I referred in article "Design of CMOS Two-stage Operational Amplifier for ECG Monitoring System Using 90nm Technology by Moulahcene F Bouguechal N Benacer I Hanfoug S".

design of cmos two stage 90nm.PNG

1. Can somebody explain to me about current mirror operation in simpler words?
2. If I want to build and simulate the schematic, do I need to add dc current source Iref in my schematic?

Im using Hspice with 90nm technology. Thank you.

View attachment 141437
1. Can somebody explain to me about current mirror operation in simpler words?
The current mirror M8 -> M5 regenerates (or multiplies) Id(M5) = Id(M8) • (W/L(M5)) / (W/L(M8)) , similar for the mirror M8 -> M7
Id(M8) = Iref

2. If I want to build and simulate the schematic, do I need to add dc current source Iref in my schematic?
Yes, sure. Use the idc current source.

Thank you for answering my questions, but I didnt get same gain as the circuit in article, although I have designed circuit according to all W/L ratio and capacitance. What is probably the cause of different gain obtained from same circuit with same design?

What is probably the cause of different gain obtained from same circuit with same design?
Same process? If not, this will be the reason. If so, probably different simulation models.

It is possible if using different software; Cadence Virtuoso and Synopsys HSpice giving different simulation results even the same process technology?

It is possible if using different software; Cadence Virtuoso and Synopsys HSpice giving different simulation results even the same process technology?

Yes, as I stated above: probably different simulation models.

Different design systems might not use the same simulator (Cadence Virtuoso: mainly Spectre ; Synopsys: HSpice), very probably they will use different transistor models.

You could try, find & check/compare them.

Alright sir, thank you for your fine explanations. Those will help me in designing new amplifier based on current circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back