Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown error in Altium [MOVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimanikvand

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am laying out an RF board in Altium and I got 75 ohm and 50 ohm traces and proper rules setup for each. The particular trace as shown in the attached picture is a 75 ohm trace which has error markers that does not disappear even when I reset all markers. As you can see the markers are on the pads even when I remove the trace. When I run DRC i get no specific errors.

I appreciate any help.

75ohm.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Re: Unknown error in Altium

You can get the errors what they mean by checking DRC report..

As you can see the markers are on the pads even when I remove the trace

From the above picture it is not clear what error markers are you referring to. In general primitives with errors are highlighted in different colors from all others. Should we assume that you're considering that the dashed blue region within each G component are error markers, or are you aware that it is just a mechanical layer inherent to the component itself ?

Hey Andre,

Thanks for your reply. I am talking about the error markers on NetC1_1, you can see them on the trace as well as the component pads as you go along the path. Pads of J2, G1, C1 and L1 are affected with the trace. It is not a mechanical layer of the component.

The only 'error' I see there on NetC1_1 are just missing connections, which is not indeed a rule violation, unless you have configured online DRC as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back