Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import vpwlf pwl file in Synopsys Schematic Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RovilBerido

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, im trying to import pwl file for vpwlf file in Synopsys Schematic Editor. I inputted the file.csv file as shown in screenshot below. However, the simulation failed. I think the Schematic Editor could not locate the file.csv. I'm not sure where to put/save the file.csv file.
x1000.png

I'm not sure where to put/save the file.csv file.

In the search path for files. If you don't know this path, insert an absolute (full) path name, or a relative one (for better portability): relative to the directory where from you started the Synopsys Schematic Editor.

Make sure the .csv file isn't separated by commas, but by white space.

In the search path for files. If you don't know this path, insert an absolute (full) path name, or a relative one (for better portability): relative to the directory where from you started the Synopsys Schematic Editor.

Make sure the .csv file isn't separated by commas, but by white space.

Hi Sir Erik,

I have tried what you have said in Synopsys Schematic Editor using vpwlf (file driven pwl source). The editor has now been able to locate the file.csv. However, upon simulation run, an error has occured as shown below.x10m.png

When I deleted the two last rows (two last input pairs), the simulation has been able to proceed and there was no error. However, one input pair does not make sense, since I want to use the pwl source to test my design with around 1000 points.

I don't think this is a matter of lines' count.

syntax error at or before "2"
... looks more like a wrong (even an invisible (control)) character, possibly. Check the characters before this "2".

I've used quite long vpwlf files: View attachment vpwlf.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back