Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with pc usb mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsen 2012

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help qbout pc usb mouse

hello guys i have a problem with optical mouse usb , the red led have a low luminous and the mouse '' not recognized '' when i plug it in pc !!

21935614_1514955091922414_30248124_n.jpg
i try to replace the red led but the problem dont resolve !!
please help me and thanks

Re: help qbout pc usb mouse

hello guys i have a problem with optical mouse usb , the red led have a low luminous and the mouse '' not recognized '' when i plug it in pc !!

1. Try another USB port.
2. Try another mouse
3. Try another PC

The brightness of the red led has nothing to do with getting recognized.

Ok
But i want to repair it .
Maybe the 12 pin IC is bad

Some mice have a USB interface IC and an optical sensor IC. Some have them combined into one IC. Tell us which kind it is and if possible send us pictures of the top and bottom of the internal board and any numbers on the ICs.

The brightness of the LED is controlled by the optical IC but it needs to receive commands through the USB cable before it will start working.

Brian.

**broken link removed**

- - - Updated - - -

**broken link removed**

The normal fault with wired mice is that one of the wires in the cable where it enters the mouse body goes open circuit. Check the continuity of all of the conductors in the cable.

OK, thats a single IC type, the USB interface is inside the optical IC.

Do as Pjmelect suggests first, broken cables are common because by their nature they are flexed all the time and tend to fracture. If the cable is broken, you can take one from any other USB data device (avoid USB charging cables because sometimes not all the wires are present) and fit it instead. Make sure you note which point on the board goes to which pin on the USB plug before disconnecting because there is no standard for color coding the wires, they may be different from one cable to another.

If the cable isn't faulty, throw it away and buy a new mouse. You will not be able to get a replacement IC and even if you could there may be a minimum order of thousands and at unreasonable price.

Brian.

I resolve the problem by changing usb cable
**broken link removed**
Thank's

Status
Not open for further replies.