Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating a ground point in the output of a full-bridge inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPMG.power

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
As there's positive and negative points in the output of a full-bridge inverter, how can we create a neutral point in the output of the circuit to use as ground in other circuits?
Thanks.

How's the DC bus supplied? What kind of circuits do you connect to the bridge output?

How's the DC bus supplied? What kind of circuits do you connect to the bridge output?

The DC bus is supplied through the AC grid and a diode-bridge rectifier. I'm a provider and I'm ordered if I can create a ground point in the output of the converter.

An inverter output node can possibly act as a local ground for other circuits, but it has superimposed half mains voltage and inverter output, possibly PWM. It's a hazardous contact voltage which need safe insulation, and the common mode noise might disturb the connected system.

If you want a clean ground with or without PE connection, use a transformer in the mains input or isolated DC/DC in the DC bus.

thank you FvM,
I think that it's a good solution to use such a trafnsformer.
I was wondering if I could use the middle point of a two-capacitor DC link; and it seems that it can help me this way.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back