Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to insert your POWER pads to your design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjaysharmaiitk

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to add power pad in design .i already added I/O pad by adding pad in verilog-gate-level netlist generated from synthesis tool and back-end design on innovus(encounter) cadence cad tool.
in verilog netlist there is NO power supply pin .
How to add supply VDD, VSS pad in gate-level-verilog code so that power pad came in back-end design in innovus(encounter).

first step is to add the power/gnd cells to the netlist. you have to manually do that.
second step is to tell innovus about your global nets. read the documentation, it is fairly easy. then you connect the pins of the cells you added to the globalnets you created.

first step is to add the power/gnd cells to the netlist. you have to manually do that.
second step is to tell innovus about your global nets. read the documentation, it is fairly easy. then you connect the pins of the cells you added to the globalnets you created.

thanks
it is very helpful.
i have read innovus manual than i connected power pad.

Personally, I did not like to modify any stuff inside the netlist manually.

So the flow is to add the pad instances in innovus (common_ui mode) with the following command:
add_io_insts -prefix pad_vddc -cells PWC_VD_RDC_12V -location $x $y -orient R0;
After that via the UPF or the "connect_global_net" command, associate the power pin of the power pad to the power net.

Personally, I did not like to modify any stuff inside the netlist manually.

So the flow is to add the pad instances in innovus (common_ui mode) with the following command:

After that via the UPF or the "connect_global_net" command, associate the power pin of the power pad to the power net.

the problem is any modern pad has 10+ pins. you still need to do lots of connections by hand (which unfortunately is error prone).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back