Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Warnings in ADS 2016 while designing an antenna array

Status
Not open for further replies.

butlermatrix

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
error (1).png

Any idea in why I am receiving these Warnings? and how to remove them?
An array simulation in momentum is taking almost 5 hours for me.. I was wondering if the time can be reduced by increasing the mesh size? Is it possible to control mesh size in ADS 2016?

Any idea in why I am receiving these Warnings? and how to remove them?

The message warns about matrix compression. Check and show your settings.

I was wondering if the time can be reduced by increasing the mesh size? Is it possible to control mesh size in ADS 2016?

Yes, very detailed settings are available in the emSetup dialog.
But remember that mesh is related to accuracy.
ads2016mesh.PNG

What should I change in the settings? I am trying to design a linear array as of now and the S parameters show broken lines and no particular frequency of resonance.
I have eight antenna elements in my X axis and have eight antenna ports to be connected to each of them for this scenario I need eight ports as feeding ports at the end of my feed lines and eight ports on the GND? or a single port be enough to serve my purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back