Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modelsim: How to find and add every signal that contains something in the name ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexis57

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I think there is a lack of documentation for what I want to do.

I am using Modelsim SE 10.5 and I would like to add waves/signals from my design automatically depending on the name.

For example I'd like to add every signal of every instance that contains `fifo`.

The `find` command with `/*/*..` may work but I need to know how deep each instance is and it's not possible to add wave from the find command.

For now, what I am doing:
  1. Adding everything `add wave -r /`
  2. Saving in a `wave.do`
  3. Using linux shell with `cat wave.do | grep fifo > newwave.do` but it's not efficient and I'll get also the signals/nets naming `fifo`.

**I guess it's possible directly with Tcl but how ?**

I couldn't find the `Tcl object` that contains the whole compiled project.

I was surprised that this is not documented because it's very useful when the design is big.

Thank you very much.

refering to the "add wave" command and section on wildcard characters in the modelsim command reference manual, this will probably do it:

add wave -recursive fifo/*

Yes I have tried this but it didn't work.

add wave -recursive fifo/*
# (vish-4014) No objects found matching 'fifo/*'.

Same for:
add wave -recursive fifo*/*
add wave -recursive *fifo/*
add wave -recursive *fifo*/*

But `add wave -noupdate -radix hexadecimal /top_instance/group_instance/scfifo_instance/*` works, this means there are FIFOs.

Thank you TrickyDicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back