Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Air Wound Coil Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

srikanthvajjala

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anybody please help me to find the value of the following Air wound inductor.

E2-0.30-1.7-5TL

An empirical equation to find the inductance/mm of an Air stripline without ground is:

L(nH/mm)=0.2[ln[L/(W+t)]+1.93+0.2235(W+t)/L]

where W is the width of the line(mm), t is the metal thickness(mm), and L is the length of the line(mm).

Hi Vfone,

Thanks for info. In my question, E2-0.30-1.7-5TL, what is W(mm),t(mm) and L(mm) in the sample value.

Thanks,

I don't think srikanthvajjala is speaking about the inductance of a track, but he is looking for the value of a commercial fixed inductor.

I only remember that 5TL means 5 turns. The other figures should be the diameter and the length of the coil, but I don't remember they order in the part number. However, if you can measure those dimensions by means of a caliper you can use the wheeler formula.

Calling N the number of turns (in you case N=5)
R the radius of the coils, in inches
len the total lenght of the coil, in inches

the estimated inductance L, in uH, will be:

L= (R*N)^2/(9*R + 10*len)

Let's suppose the numbers means 0.3 --> diameter=0.3 cm --> 0.12 inches
1.7 --> lenght=17 cm --> 0.67 inches

then R=0.06 inches

L≈0.012 uH = 12 nH

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search