Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dbdiff (gds comparison with cadence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit940

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All

How to compare two gds with dbdiff utility for only specific metal layers and not all. Example if I want to run dbdiff for only m9 layers in both the gds .

Thanks and Regards
Mohit Bansal

Isn't DBDiff a tool for SQL data base comparison?
For GDSII use XOR comparison from any DRC tool. Then set visible the layer(s) you want to see.

You can use a free (excellent) layout editor "klayout" (klayout.de) and its function XOR.

Hi All

How to compare two gds with dbdiff utility for only specific metal layers and not all. Example if I want to run dbdiff for only m9 layers in both the gds .

Thanks and Regards
Mohit Bansal

do you have access to calibre?

Our layout folks used to create simple Diva decks
with per-layer XORs for use in things like mask change
or even "blowback" verification. I'd assume Assura is
as capable, though perhaps less friendly. Presuming
you feel a need to work within a Cadence tool set.

Any DRC package has to contain the Boolean functions
you need. A PDK rules deck ought to get you close to
correct syntax, by example.

Keeping in mind that the FastXOR output is generally easier to use to identify differences, you could use the "-include_layer <file>" argument. The file should have each layer you want to include on a separate line, using the same syntax you would for a LAYER MAP statement.

The information on DBdiff has moved around a few times, and you don't say which Calibre version you are using. Try searching the bookcase for "DBdiff" -- it will likely be in calbr_ver_user, calbr_solns_pv_user, or (2017) calbr_lvl_fdi_gd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back