Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Q-factor of coplanar waveguide CPW

Status
Not open for further replies.

umberabbas

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing a coplanar waveguide in HFSS v13. I want to know how Q-factor of cpw can be find out and also what should be the spacing S between the strip and the ground and the width W and length L of the strip?

What is the Q factor of what ?? of a CPW Transmission Line ?? I have never heard such "Q Factor of a Transmission Line".
Transmission Lines have loss metrics that is depended on the substrate and the metal of the TL.There are some second order cases such as "Diffraction" and "Radiation Losses".
W,s and substrate height define principally the characteristic impedance of the Transmission Line together.Length is function of the wavelength but there is no Q factor definition to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back