Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple way to boost voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstefanop

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Simple way to boost voltage ?

Hi, I need a low part count and low cost way to boost a low voltage supply. I currently have a large buck powering the device core power between .65-.8v. I need a way to take this core voltage and boost it to .8-.9v @ ~ 1 A. Most boost converters dont work in these voltage ranges, and was hopeing there is another type of solution since the voltages are so close together.

I also have the option of taking a multiple of core voltage and converting it down to .9v with a buck (this is a series of devices, each ground plane is separated potential difference of the core power, so I "could" ground a buck supply two devices down the series (ie if core voltage is set to .7v, the buck would be fed 1.4v -> .9v), but this would get expensive as I would need a buck converter for each device in the series.

Re: Simple way to boost voltage ?

A block diagram of input and output V,I with ripple specs is needed before starting any design, plus any other requirements, space, efficiency, cost, etc. Do you know how it is done on MOBO's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back