Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Real time orcad simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek.2138

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to simulate wein bridge oscillator in orcad pspice...?

The circuit works fine on breadboard...

Please find the circuit...

- - - Updated - - -

I created simulation profile.. but circuit is not simulated.

- - - Updated - - -

I am using orcad 17.2

Attachments

• Wein.pdf
    37.7 KB · Views: 51

Simulating oscillators in transient domain simulators needs tricky method because transient simulator takes the nodes voltages and branch currents as initial values so the simulator doe not understand that is a oscillator or not.In order to simulate such circuits, a trigger circuit should be used to excite the oscillator.A placing a simple one shot pulse voltage/current source will excite the circuit and the rest may be simulated if there is any other constraints.A proper node can be excited by a pulse source ( for instance a fast rising-falling PWM source does generally work)

Also a skip initial operating point command (.uic) in SPICE will usually kick-start an oscillator.

How to excite oscillator by one shot pulse voltage/current source???

- - - Updated - - -

How to use skip initial operating point command (.uic) in P-SPICE???

I am using orcad 17.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.